When the flu strikes, it is painful, draining and doesn’t allow you to do much because you’re sick for what seems like a never-ending period of time. Taking good care of yourself is very important and the proper care will allow you to speed up your recovery time and help you get back on your feet.
If you want to overcome the flu and the nasty symptoms that come along with it, try the following:
- Make sure you’re getting enough sleep. This is a critical step that will allow your body to rehabilitate and help fight off diseases and infections. Sleeping when you have the flu can be difficult because high temperatures and other symptoms will cause you to be very uncomfortable, but you need to do your best to sleep so that your body gets enough rest.
- Eat hot foods and drink hot liquids to help loosen the phlegm and clear your throat. Consume lots of hot tea and soups which will not only help with your throat but help you rest better as well.
- Do not drink alcohol during your recovery period because it will make things worse. It may allow you to sleep initially but it will be temporary and cause you to wake up with a lot more phlegm in your throat.
- Try sleeping and resting in a slightly elevated position which will help you breathe better and rest easy. It will also help drain post-nasal drip build-up which can prevent you from resting.
- Use a humidifier to keep your room moist and humid. When you have the flu, you will most likely have a dry throat and a dry nasal passage which can affect your recovery. A humidifier or a vaporizer can help with this issue.
- Medication is necessary to recover from the flu, so don’t hesitate and start medicating your body the second you feel aches or have a fever. Waiting can increase the impact and severity of your flu and cause you to suffer longer.
- Eat foods that help fight the flu, such as strawberries, leafy greens, chicken soup, yogurt and oatmeal, to name a few. Proper rest and the right foods will strengthen your immune system and help prevent your flu from making a comeback.
- Go for a walk and get fresh air to help boost your blood flow and help your body heal faster.
Kinetic Pattern is a medical clinic in Vancouver that has naturopathic doctors and a pharmacy to help you combat the flu and other illnesses. Their knowledge and experience will allow you to recover quickly so that you can bounce back fast! Come in today to get your naturopathic booster shot.